Samples & Data Access and Analysis
This section includes all the information needed to access and use the CALERIE Research Network resources, including the public use database and the application for access to biological samples.
Help us help you! Although access to the study database is open, the CALERIE External Science Committee requests completion of this form so that we can better assist you when you seek guidance on use of the dataset.
Before proceeding with a study project, please check the Ongoing Projects tab to see studies currently in progress.
We are deeply grateful to the individuals who volunteered for participation in the study. Without their dedication and involvement, this research would not be possible.
- Guide to using the Public Use Database (read before doing analyses) - helpful information for the Network Investigator
- CALERIE Sample Access and Secondary Analysis Guidelines - the operating principles and procedures applicants are asked to follow to obtain access to samples
- CALERIE Sample Repository - overview of the types of biological samples available.
Note: some baseline, 12-month; and 24-month arterialized plasma samples were collected from a hand vein using a hot-box chamber. These samples were used only for determination of plasma catecholamine concentrations and were not used for any other purpose. None of these samples remain in the biorepository. All other samples used for other analyses and for future use were collected under standard conditions.
- CALERIE Ancillary Study Application
- Click on the image below to view an enlarged diagram of the proposal process